Building inclusive and equitable communities through capacity-building, connection, and collective action.
We believe that our youth are the future leaders and change agents the world needs to build a more inclusive and equitable future.
Our youth programs can do everything listed below and more!
– Foster mutual respect and understanding – Increase communication skills – Teach interpersonal leadership skills
OURTOWN for Elementary Students:
Focuses on anti-bullying rhetoric while teaching children about creating a safe and inclusive environment for all.
About OurTown for Middle Schools:
– 2-hour hands-on, interactive workshop – Small groups of 15-30 students at a time – Explore personal experiences with bullying as it relates to everyday life – Learn how to work together – Learn how they have the power to change bullying culture
In Our Own Voices (Ages 12-14):
A creative expression adventure –
Inspired by Kelly Ford, this program achieves several goals:
– Fosters cultural diversity and community – Helps students find their voices – Improves creativity, communication skills, and self-esteem
OurTown for High School Students
This interactive learning experience for high school students achieves the following objectives:
– Educates| – Develops inter-and intra-personal skills – Develops self-awareness, understanding, and appreciation for one’s own and others’ racial and cultural identities, heritage, ethnicity, spirituality, and more. – Cultivates an expanded awareness of prejudice and its harmful effects on individuals, groups, and communities; and – Teaches and develops leadership skills for social change.
Topics explored at OurTown for Teens include:
– Racial, ethnic, and cultural identity. – Stereotypes and discrimination. – Gender roles and sexuality. – Inter-religious respect. – Building an inclusive community.
Contact Us Today
By mail: 2513 McCain Blvd., Ste 2 Unit 175 North Little Rock, AR 72116